SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Auckland, New Zealand
We are an award-winning, innovative company designing and building advanced technology to automate farming. Our world leading guidance control techniques shift cows remotely removing the need for fences and eliminating the manual nature of shifting animals. Halter aims to enable a new generation of more efficient, sustainable farming globally.
What will you be working on?
Our GPS enabled, solar powered devices are designed to remotely guide cows. These require robust, long-range wireless communication and conservative power consumption. They also require multiple levels of control software in order to record everything about the animal, understand it and act on this information accordingly. We use this to monitor stock health, feed, behaviour and emotion so that farmers can better understand and treat the needs of each animal. We are always pushing to use the latest advancements in technology and want you to be a part of this process. Being a young, dynamic company, there is potential for a person in this role to have a big influence on Halter’s future direction.
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into products by working closely with advanced technology and high profile IP
- Work alongside and collaborate with product,, engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Be scrappy and leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel solutions and tools.
- Own the roadmap for engineering fundamentals and explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy.
- "Hands-on" development in addition to management. Help build and lead great -software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Participate in company-wide initiatives to develop design patterns, and champion them on the relevant R&D teams
- Manage and structure the engineering teams for delivering high quality solution in a fast paced environment
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for big thinkers who know how to execute. We’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will be challenged on a daily basis. To succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilise your own initiative while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- 5 – 10 years experience
Engineering Bachelors University degree or equivalent
Experience managing software architecture
Apply - email@example.com
We want to see everything you have that's interesting: CV's, project portfolios, video, links to code, etc.