Auckland, New Zealand
We are an award-winning, innovative company designing and building advanced technology to automate farming. Our world leading guidance control techniques shift cows remotely removing the need for fences and eliminating the manual nature of shifting animals. Halter aims to enable a new generation of more efficient, sustainable farming globally.
What will you be working on?
Our GPS enabled, solar powered devices are designed to remotely guide cows. These require robust, long-range wireless communication and conservative power consumption. They also require multiple levels of control software in order to record everything about the animal, understand it and act on this information accordingly. We use this to monitor stock health, feed, behaviour and emotion so that farmers can better understand and treat the needs of each animal. We are always pushing to use the latest advancements in technology and want you to be a part of this process. Being a young, dynamic company, there is potential for a person in this role to have a big influence on Halter’s future direction.
- Plan, organise and manage the production to meet company’s current and future production requirements.
- Support budget preparation and forecasting to achieve budget requirements. Contribute to accurate product costing.
- Drive manufacturing strategy while leading cost and efficiency improvement initiatives
- Establish and build strong relationships with offshore manufacturing partners
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Establish and monitor quality and production outcomes and address as required
- Oversee and manage all logistics
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Manage records and documentation and participation in the auditory processes.
- Lead, coach, and train junior employees. Foster an environment for empowered, high-performance work culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for big thinkers who know how to execute. We’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will be challenged on a daily basis. To succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilise your own initiative while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- At least 5 years experience
Engineering Bachelors University degree or equivalent
Experience managing high volume, outsourced production runs
Willing to travel when as required
Apply - firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to see everything you have that's interesting: CV's, project portfolios, video, links to code, etc.