BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Auckland, New Zealand
We are an award-winning, innovative company designing and building advanced technology to automate farming. Our world leading guidance control techniques shift cows remotely removing the need for fences and eliminating the manual nature of shifting animals. Halter aims to enable a new generation of more efficient, sustainable farming globally.
What will you be working on?
Our GPS enabled, solar powered devices are designed to remotely guide cows. These require robust, long-range wireless communication and conservative power consumption. They also require multiple levels of control software in order to record everything about the animal, understand it and act on this information accordingly. We use this to monitor stock health, feed, behaviour and emotion so that farmers can better understand and treat the needs of each animal. We are always pushing to use the latest advancements in technology and want you to be a part of this process. Being a young, dynamic company, there is potential for a person in this role to have a big influence on Halter’s future direction.
- Build and grow a pipeline of quality farms fit for Halter's product
- Screen and qualify incoming farm leads to assess fit and priority
- Build and leverage industry relationships to establish and maintain Halter's brand
- Manage and maintain the pipeline, with swift execution of deals
- Maintain relationships with customers, providing support and insight
- Focus on the customer and their needs, feeding back customer information to engineering teams
- Support the development of industry partnerships
- Build out team of junior BDMs as the company scales
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for big thinkers who know how to execute. We’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will be challenged on a daily basis. To succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilise your own initiative while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- At least 5 years experience
Relevant University degree or equivalent
Experience acquiring new leads, and supporting existing customers
Experience scaling and managing business development teams
Dairy farming experience is preferred, but not required
Apply - email@example.com
We want to see everything you have that's interesting: CV's, project portfolios, video, links to code, etc.